Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pep Rally

So we just had our last pep rally today. It was a really good one. Tuesday they asked me to be in it because they were doing a teacher cheerleading try-out...none of the older teachers wanted to do it for the 7th grade side so me and this other younger teacher decided to do it. When I told the cheerleaders I would do it, in my mind I was thinking that I could do the jumps like when I was in high school but then the more and more I thought about it, the more nervous I got because I definately do not have the body I had in high school so I got really, really nervous and the whole way to Austin my stomach was in knots. What was I thinking? I'm not in high school anymore...my mind tricked me into thinking for a split second that I could do this!!! So I practiced last night in Thomas's room...he got a kick out of it and wished he could be there. The jumps weren't too bad but I was wondering how the other teachers were...if they were going to go all out or what. I stretched during athletics today and practiced the jumps too. So then it was time. The 8th grade teachers went and then it was my turn. I go and everyone cheers...phew! My jumps were pretty good...surprisingly. So now all the students keep telling me to do a jump and all the teachers are telling me that they were really good. I just wanted to do it because it is fun for the kids to see their teachers do something crazy for a change and I am sure a lot of them didn't expect that. It was fun and now in class all my students ask me to do a jump but I told them that they will have to pass their TAKS tests in April if they want me to do a jump again. My legs are a little sore by the way :) I still can't believe I did that!

No comments: