Tuesday, November 25, 2008

From Hangovers to Migraines...

So the weekend was awesome minus a few kinks!

Friday when I got to Austin, we did not get to watch Love Actually because Thomas and his friend wanted to go to Midnight Rodeo and listen to Cory Morrow. I was fine with that. Thomas and I decided to hit up Trudy's again for Mexican Martinis and then go to Midnight Rodeo. So I was feeling pretty good after the martinis again and then both of the guys kept buying me whiskey drinks and Water Moccasin shots...I don't know if that how you spell moccasin. Well I got pretty drunk...like I could barely stand anymore and we left the concert early before it got worse. But it was not my fault, I'm gonna blame this one on the guys. I only bought myself one drink, 2 beers for them, and a round of water moccasins, and the bartender I had was so nice...he served all of that to me at once and they aren't supposed to do that. So there is no way it was my fault because I barely bought any alcohol for myself :). I threw up outside Thomas's parents' apartment and then hung out at the toilet for an hour or so. Thomas got me up and got me into the bed. I woke up at like 6:00 Saturday morning and just threw up straight until it was 5:00 in the afternoon...needless to say that everything we wanted to get done...did not get done. I did not move from that room till 6:30 that evening when we went to HEB where we saw Allison and got chocolate sunday stuff...but I was moving pretty slow. I was so embarassed to even walk out of Thomas's room because his parents have heard me throwing up all day. No telling what they were thinking about me...lol...but when I walked out the room they were asking me if I felt alright and if I needed anything and were just so sweet. His dad asked if I wanted any alcohol and we laughed and I just shook my head no. Sunday morning was totally different...since we got our rest and laid around Saturday, we woke up at like 7:00 Sunday morning, ate breakfast at IHOP...went to Cabela's where Thomas bought a new stock for his gun...and then we went to Mattress Firm where I bought new mattresses that I am super excited to get. We then went and ate lunch at the apartment and watched most of the Dallas Cowboys game. Then we headed to Lakeline mall where I got my 2 thumbnails redone because they broke off Friday, and then went to Macy's where I bought some sunglasses and silverware that I really liked. That evening we ate a Pappadeux's...it was so good. And then went back to the apartment.

So then Monday morning I woke up and headed to Gonzales. I felt great all day till lunch. I was driving to get some food and I noticed my eyesight was real splotchy and mirror looking. I sat in the teacher's lounge for a while thinking it might go away and everytime I looked at someone I could only see bits and pieces of their face. I'm sure they were wondering why I was looking at them crazy. So I went and asked if the nurse was at school and she wasn't. But my eyesight wasn't getting better so I called mom and asked her what I should do and she told me to ask to see if there is an eye doctor around and see if it was something wrong with my eyes. They got me a sub for my classes and I went to a doctor and he said it was a Classic Migraine. My eyesight got better and then when I got home, the headache started. I took a nap and some Tylenol and felt a whole lot better. I am glad they found a sub for me because I could not imagine having to stay at school and teach. I would not have been able to write on the board because I wouldn't be able to see everything. It was crazy and it scared me but I figured that it was a migraine because I had one like that about 3 years ago.

So today I feel better and hopefully will get through this week. We have to come to school half a day tomorrow, which is stupid and useless because we are not going to do anything the whole day and the kids are gonna be loud and excited. I might blog more tomorrow. If not Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: