Friday, May 8, 2009

It's Finally Friday...18 more days of school!!!

Woo hoo for Friday!!! It's finally here. This week went by really slow for me and I even took Tuesday off. The kids are shut down and do not want to learn or do anything at all!!! Which makes us teachers not want to do anything either. Just 18 more days of this. 8 more days with all my studenst though because we have 10 waiver days at the end for the students that did not pass TAKS...they have to stay and get tutored. So the last 10 days will be horrible because we will have all the bad students who do not care.

Today when I get home, Thomas and I are going to finally just relax. Tomorrow we will probably sleep in and go look at a rent home in Hutto because our lease here will be up at the end of June. I can't believe how fast time has gone by in a way. I hope I find a new job soon because everyone is talking about next year already and I just get a sick feeling if I am here again next year. I love some of the kids and I love the people I work with but I don't want to put up with all the DRAMA and have to teach Math and coach. It really is hard and I just don't want to have to deal with the stresses of teaching math and on top of it, the stresses of coaching and dealing with parents! It's just getting out of control. Anyways...so Saturday we are going to just hang out and then probably head to Shiner at some point. Sunday we will celebrate Mother's Day and then head back to San Marcos.

That's about it for now. I wish I had an exciting life to blog about but right now it's all school :(

1 comment:

Jamie C said...

Hang in there....18 days is NOTHING!!!!

See you Sunday!