Thursday, April 30, 2009

TAKS!!! Not so good, to great!!!

So Tuesday was the big day for the 7th Grade Math teachers in Texas. Not only do the students get stressed out but the teachers really do also. There is soooo much emphasis on this test and administrators sometimes use it to reflect the teachers teaching ability and so I was pretty stressed. Thomas was not around because he left Monday morning at 3:30 a.m for Bonham to work on his bbq pit so I had to be by myself and stressed. I have been talking to Thomas about how stressful it is probably all year. So Tuesday they were taking it and I was so nervous for the kids...we tried as hard as we could to cover everything and get them to understand it but it was so nerveracking. SO all in all it wasn't that great of a day but then during 7th period a student told me to go by the office before 8th period and I was questionable but didn't think anything of it. Then the assistant principal and another teacher came in my classroom and was holding this GORGEOUS arrangement of a dozen yellow roses with hints of little pink flowers. I was blown away and soooo happy. All the kids were excited and wanted to know who it was from. I absolutely loved them and he totally got me. Then I read the card and it said "Good Luck with the TAKS tests!" The assistant principal and teacher told me to hold on to him and I definately will. It was so sweet and made me feel so much better.

Thomas came in at 1:00 this morning from Bonham...I am glad I got to see him because I felt like I haven't seen him in forever. The nights we were not together I had horrible dreams but last night I finally got a good nights sleep. I hated leaving him this morning because I won't get to see him again till Sunday but we will manage:)

I am super excited about my cousin's wedding this weekend. It is going to be a blast. Thomas's friend is getting married too so that's why we won't be together.

Oh...this past weekend we went to Port Aransas for Heather's Bachelorette and it was a blast. It was soooo much fun and relaxing. I had a little too much to drink Saturday night but it was so much fun. I threw up 5 times on the way home Sunday...it was horrible but I wasn't thinking about that Saturday night...I was just thinking about partying.

Last weekend Thomas also got me my pink fishing rod I have been wanting forever and a pink fishing shirt. Now I just need to go fishing and put it to use.

No comments: