Thursday, May 14, 2009

What I'm thinking is...

What I'm thinking is, is that I think even if I don't have a job lined up for next year I will quit this place anyways. I MIGHT...it's not for sure yet. The reason being is Thomas and I are about to move to Austin or even a little north of Austin...gas is going up and I would have to commute to Gonzales every morning from there...which is a lot of money on gas and hard to imagine waking up earlier than I already do and driving further than I already do. I have already cried and have super stressed about coming back here too. I called Thomas the other day crying and stressing over being here next year and he said that if I am already this unhappy about it then I don't need to come back. Now I am still applying for jobs in the Austin area and definately hope this summer I get a phone call or e-mail for a job offer but this is my idea if I don't. If I don't get a job then I will resign by July 10...that's the last day to resign if you start school August 24th...I should know...they screwed me last year because I was 1 DAY late...so I made sure and counted and marked it on every calendar I have...then I will try to sub everywhere and anywhere in the Austin area or maybe nanny, or something. I love teaching and I know that's what I want to do but I know that it's not here. This is definately not a for sure thing. I feel like the Texas education system is going down hill...and fast. I don't trust it but I know that teaching is what I want to do. Some may say that I shouldn't quit without having a job lined up first especially with these tough economic times but staying here is holding me back and it doesn't make sense to stay here another year while I could be subbing and getting to know people in the schools I want to teach at. It doesn't make sense to travel all the way here while living in Austin. There are definate pros and cons and thats why it is not a for sure decision.

On a lighter note...Thomas left for Bonham Tuesday morning and won't be back till Friday evening. I miss him soooo much. I am staying in Shiner till Sunday...I came in yesterday. I don't like staying at our apartment by myself...and I always have these crazy nightmares when I do stay there so I figured I get better sleep in Shiner. This weekend is Sweet Home picnic and Erin's Birthday!!! The big 2-4 :) I hope I get to see her this weekend!!! Last year and the year before we have made pies for the Sweet Home cookoff...this year we will continue and hopefully we will get something...like first place. We always have a good time there...hope its good this year too.

No comments: