Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I can't keep up!!!

I have been a bad blogger lately. I have not been able to keep up with it. Usually I blogged when I was giving a math test but we haven't given on lately and we have been teaching from bell to bell so I have no time at my desk. TAKS test is upon us and so we are throwing so much at the kids so they understand it. I think we could talk and teach till our faces turn blue and the kids would still not understand but at least we can say we did everything we could. So I did not get the job at Hays :( But oh well...I wanted it but I didn't because then I would be stuck doing the exact same thing I am doing here. So I just got to keep trying. I really wish I could find the job of my dreams...Elementary PE...I would be so happy. OR at least something out of the math field. OR just maybe anywhere but here...I'm not as picky as I started. Anyways...enough about work.

Thomas and I had our 1 year of "dating" anniversary Monday. We celebrated some this past weekend. He took me to the River Walk in San Antonio and we stayed in a hotel. We went to supper that evening and then went to bed at 8:30...we were tired. Then we woke up early and walked the River Walk and went to a Wax Museum and Ripley's believe it or not. Then we walked to the Alamo and went in and looked around. We headed to Shiner early because we had our Annual Chumchal Reunion. That was alright too but I was so tired. We still had a good time. Sunday was Joane's 40th birthday. It was so nice to be there and celebrate with her. Sunday we headed back home to San Marcos. I gave Thomas a Bobcat thing for his truck and the DVD collection of Band of Brothers...he really wanted it. We started watching it and at first I wasn't that into it but then as we watched all 10 hours over the past 3 days, I really started liking it. It was really good. In case you are wondering, Band of Brothers was a mini series on HBO about the Paratroopers that fought the Germans. It really is an awesome story. That's about it that is new with me. This weekend is Heather's Bachelorette Party in Port Aransas...it's going to be so much fun. I can't wait.

No comments: