Friday, January 9, 2009

Never a dull moment...

So yesterday I came to school at around 7:10 a.m. and did the usual...walked into my class and I was going to start entering grades for this 9 weeks. I put my purse and keys on my desk and all of a sudden my school laptop that I would have used to enter the grades vanished. I saw my sticky note of my to-dos that I left by it Wednesday afternoon but the computer was gone. I looked all over my room and still could not find it. So then I went to tell other teachers and they told me the call our technology head person...I called and no answer. So then the other teachers and I were trying to figure out what could have happened...maybe a technician took it for some reason but why wouldn't they have left a note? So then 2 other teachers came in and their computers were missing too and one had her papers and her projector all over her room. So then we knew for sure we were robbed. We told the principal and assistant principal and I went back to my room. I then noticed my CD player was gone too. Basturds! So I had to have my first 2 classes in a different room because then the police came and fingerprinted my room. They were fingerprinting the wrong area and so I told them where my computer was. Turns out the robbers were wearing gloves and so I havent heard anything more about it. I do have an awesome new computer now and the other teachers are jealous. So I guess something good came out of it. It didn't really bother me because I didn't really have anything too important on that computer and my CD player was a cheap one but still. The wird thing was that my windows were locked and even my door was locked, so they had time and were careful in my room so they must have hit my room first and then ran out of time in the other 2 classrooms and had to leave quickly because their doors were open. It's really weird to think about it...I would hate to have personal things stolen because that would creep me out...so I am glad it was just those 2 things and my personal thing that was stolen was cheap. Just never a dull moment in Gonzales.

On a sad note...Jenny and Nick's baby did not make it. I know everything happens for a reason and God has a plan for everything, so we all just have to look at it that way. There is supposed to be something positive come out of all this eventhough its hard to see what it is now, we just have to believe. I know one day they will make AWESOME parents and I will make an AWESOME auntie. I love ya'll Jenny and Nick and be strong! I am here whenever ya'll need me! God Bless!

No comments: