Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Catch up from the weekend...

So this past weekend was fun. I always have fun when I am around Thomas because there is never a dull moment and he always has a way to make me laugh and have fun. Friday after school I drove to Austin and I really wanted to get my nails done and a pedicure. So I called Thomas when I got to Austin and told him that if he wanted to meet me at the spa I go to, to get this done then he can leave his house whenever. It took about 1 1/2 hours till the lady was done but she does such an excellent job and I have little snowmen on my toes now. :) Then we stopped at Lakeline Mall because it was right there and Jenny said Dillard's was having a sale on some bracelets I wanted and 30% off purses. If you know me...my weakness is purses. So we only had 30 minutes to shop, so I looked at the purses but they really didn't have anything I fell in love with...so then off to the jewelry. There are these cute, super blingy bracelets that I fell in love with on Black Friday but they were a bit steep in price so I just let them go but now they were 30% off, which isn't much but yet enough for me to think about buying them. I took Thomas and showed him and he did not understand...so I stood there trying them on and debating which one or ones I wanted. I definately wanted the pink one...because I love pink...but I wanted something more practical too so I decided the pink one and silver one. But should I really buy 2 of them...Thomas told me to just go for it and I knew I wasn't going to be satisfied till I had both of them either. Thomas is no help trying to talk me out of it. I even really like this other one that if it is on sale still I may go get. So I got them and I am so glad I did. Not sure how much I will wear them...but I love them! Then we went to Hutto to Thomas's parents' house. We relaxed and went to sleep because we had to wake up early and head to Bonham in the morning for his mom's family reunion. So Saturday morning came and we left Hutto at 7:30 in the morning. We got to Dallas and Thomas decided to give me a little history lesson and showed me where President Kennedy got shot, the window he was shot from, and the grassy knoll. Then came my version of The National Lampoon's European Vacation...you know where they get stuck in that circle, and Chevy Chase goes "Look kids, there's Big Ben" and they keep going around and around and he keeps saying that...well what happened was Thomas accidentally took the wrong street to get back on where we need go and we went around the same place where Kennedy was shot not once but I think it was 3 times...it could have been twice...but I think it was 3 times...and everytime I said "Look Thomas, that's where Kennedy got shot"...I know this is no joking matter because it was a very sorrowful thing that happened but at this time it was a funny moment because it wasn't really about that, it was about how we couldn't get out of that area. I really did find it interesting and kinda spooky. I love when Thomas decides to give me little history lessons and plumbing knowledge...he is so full of information and since I hated history he makes it interesting. Anyways, so then we finally started back up our way to Bonham. We get to Bonham at 11:30 and meet up at his grandma's house. Thomas's brother, sister-in-law, niece, and dad were there already and we all were just talking and then his dad left to go get his grandpa. His mom was at the reunion already getting it all straightened up since it was her family reunion. His dad came back with his grandpa and we all sat in the living room and talked. His grandparents are so sweet and his grandpa asked where I was from and was surprised when I said Shiner and he started laughing. We then left to go to the reunion and I met a lot of people. It was nice to meet a lot of Thomas's family and they were all very sweet people. It was funny because everyone there asked where I was from and what I did and when I said Shiner and I am a 7th grade teacher I got the same reaction from everyone..."Shiner?...Where they make the beer? Oh a 7th grade teacher...you are a good soul." It was so funny and they all said they heard so many good things about me and that it was nice to finally meet me. The reunion only lasted 2 hours so it went pretty fast and after that we just hung out at the house. That night we ate Rolando's...a Mexican Retaurant in Bonham...it was his mom, dad, grandma, and us...the restaurant was really good. The funniest thing happened and it was soooo sweet...before we went to eat Thomas's grandma told his mom to give some clothes of hers to me she thought I would like. She thought it was young looking and thought I would like it. Well, the clothes was a little bit for an older woman, so I told his mom to tell her that it was too big...that's really what his mom said she would tell her because I didn't want to be mean and I would have kept it but Thomas's mom said that if we don't tell her something, she will give me her whole closet. So his mom told her it didn't fit and gave it back and his grandma didn't mind. Then Sunday morning came and Thomas went duck huntng at 4:00 a.m. and I slept in late till he got back. We got our stuff together and helped his parents load some furniture up. We then all left back for Hutto. That was about it, Monday morning I left for school and so nothing has really happened these past few days...it just keeps getting closer and closer to my dos-quatro...yikes...but yay for school to be out!

Thomas already gave me my Birthday gift...it was a Tiffany & Co. necklace that has a pearl that I have been wanting. I love it!!! It is so pretty!!! He is such a sweetheart! I love him! I can't wait to give him his Christmas presents...I hope he likes them. :)

No comments: