Friday, October 24, 2008

A weekend away :(

So this will be the first weekend since I went to Vegas in June that Thomas and I are spending away from each other. We get to see each other more but yet it still isn't good enough sometimes. We have gone 2 weeks away from each other at the beginning of our relationship and now could not imagine doing that again. I hate being away from him but it will be fine. He is going hunting with some of his friends and I will be at home organizing all my stuff and putting it into containers. I will also be putting in my grades for my classes and hopefully getting some school stuff organized too. So it will be good to get some things done but I still hate being away from Thomas. I think Audrey wants to do something Saturday night after their softball tournament so we shall see whats going on. Today after I get off school I have to help with the Varsity Volleyball game and then go home and probably just hang out with the parents and not do much. That will probably be it for the weekend.

*I forgot to mention that last week Thursday (October 16) Thomas sent a dozen pink roses to school and I was so surprised and embarassed because it was in front of one of my classes and I blushed and they all asked who they were from but I didn't tell them. It was for no reason and on the card it said "Just Because." They were beautiful.

I think I will add the adventures of teaching and try to post some events from that aspect of my life too because teaching in Gonzales is never a dull moment but something just happened in my class. There are these times in teaching when all you do is complain and question your decision to become a teacher...I do it all the time and sometimes you just don't want to get out of bed and go to school. When you become a teacher you realize that you have just made the decision to go to school for the rest of your life and when you are a senior in high school you tell yourself that that's the last thing you want to do. A select few of us though want to make a difference in our youths and future and decide to bite the bullet and take the plunge into low pay and not enough respect and do become those people we made fun of and hated in school...TEACHERS. I am teaching at Gonzales Junior High and my first year was nuts. This year it started out horrible because Gonzales ISD would not let me out of my contract so I already had a bad taste in my mouth starting out the year. I mean what school district will make a teacher stay when the teacher clearly does not want to be there? Gonzales ISD does, that's who. I was one day after the cut off to resign. Anyways...so imagine wanting to get out of a job but you can't...so I was not happy and still am not but next year will be better...or at least I hope so because hopefully I will be out of here. I do have pretty good kids because they stuck me with all honors classes and so it is going pretty smoothly but I still dread coming to work because there is always something happening especially on the coaching aspect...the athletic director doesn't make the best choices. Well just a while ago a student who is in our FOCUS program...he gets in trouble quite a bit because he is loud and doesn't like being picked on and gets angry easily so we have a person we can call to take him out of class and get him reFOCUSED and calms him down...well I could tell he was having an off day because he was getting angry very easily and he kept telling a kid to shut-up and I told him that he doesn't need to say that word and if he continues to make mean comments and saying that, I was going to write a referral. He started crying and he is not one to cry. I took him outside and talked to him and calmed him down and asked him what was going on and he said he got D-Hall in the other class and he didn't want to get in trouble again. So I calmed him down and I think he really likes me because a lot of the other teachers complain about him but I really don't have any complaints. What I have noticed with this student is that you can't tell him to go sit down but if you say "Could you go sit down please?", he will do it and not talk back. I like when I get moments like this because I realize that that's why I am in the profession I am in and I really do enjoy it. I try to remember and write down things because it would be so nice to look back on but I always forget, so maybe this blogging will help.

1 comment:

Jamie C said...

awww. flowers are great!!! did you see mine on my blog from last week? They were gorgeous too.

well done, tomcat