Thursday, October 23, 2008

The beginning...

Ok...
So I am going to give this blogging thing a whack. I figured my sisters are doing it and I need something to do at my desk at school while my students are working. This will probably be more about the adventure of my relationship with Thomas along with many other things that will come up in my life. I thought it would be neat if I stick with this to look back at everything later on. I am going to start by catching up and informing whoever may be reading this.

December 10, 2005: Texas State Football Game
So I go tailgate with my sister, Jenny, and her boyfriend, Nick, along with some of their friends, and one so happen to be Thomas McDonald. Well...I had a boyfriend at the time but Thomas did not care because he came right up to me and his exact words were "Hey...You like fat kids?" I still laugh to this day about it because I just kind of looked at him crazy because my boyfriend was right there and I did not know what to say. Thomas says my boyfriend did not give him a good look either. For some reason from that point on though, Thomas intrigued me and more than I thought because, I don't remember this, but Thomas has proof that I sent him a facebook comment just to see how he was doing that January...which I still had the boyfriend at the time. Well, I never got anything back from him and so I just left it at that.

March 28, 2008: Jenny and Nick's Rehearsal Night
2 years later and it's the night before Jenny and Nick's wedding. So after that football game I did see Thomas one last time at Jenny's birthday party at Mamacita's in April of 2006. Then in November 2006 I still tried talking to him through myspace and facebook because now I could actually see what could happen between me and him...the boyfriend was out the picture. YAY!!! :) Well...I still never got a reply back from him. So I just let it go. Well...Jenny kept talking about him and saying she was going to try to set us up at her Couple's Shower but he couldn't come. Which now brings us to rehearsal night...I walk into church and my eyes go straight to Thomas...who is very handsomely, overly dressed and definitely caught my eye. During rehearsal I couldn't help but glance at him while we were all up at the altar. Then rehearsal was over and we went to The Kaspar Pavilion to eat supper. I couldn't stop looking at him and we exchanged a few words at the keg and I always tried to get close and where he was. That night we were going to Scooters and so I asked him to go. We danced a lot but that was it and we all passed out at the house.

March 29, 2008: Jenny and Nick's Wedding
Jenny and Nick are getting married and when we are standing all at the altar my eyes keep going to Thomas...I don't remember looking at him THAT much but if you would see Jenny and Nick's wedding video, that is all I am doing. That night we danced and went in the Grand March together and kept dancing but I don't recall much conversation. I just remember us being around each other the whole night. Well...the wedding was almost over when Thomas was getting a ride home with R.P. He takes me outside and I am soooo nervous. We are both pretty drunk but I am more tired than drunk but Thomas is stumbling everywhere and I am worried he is going to fall down the entrance stairs and I cannot understand a word he is saying. Well, I did remember him saying that he wanted to go on a date but we never exchanged numbers. I think he wanted to kiss me before he left but R.P. was right there and that would have been a little weird. He also kept telling me to take him to his car...I guess he was trying to throw a little game out there but I kept telling him that he doesn't need to drive and so he left. I almost forgot to put this in here... but Jenny and Nick told me that Thomas kept coming up to them and saying that he really liked me and that it is ok to treat some girls like sluts but girls like me should be treated like queens :).

March 30, 2008: Day after Jenny and Nick's Wedding
That morning we had to clean up the hall and the whole time I was hoping to see Thomas so we could exchange numbers but we never crossed paths. R.P. must have dropped him off and he must have left right away. So I did not know what to do but I did know that I wanted to see Thomas again. So I asked Ryan for Thomas' number and he gave it to me. I did not know that he left for Corpus already, so I texted him and asked if he wanted to come swimming or something. He replied that he just got home. So I then asked if he was serious about going on a date and he did not remember saying that, but he said he was definitely interested in going on one. From that day forward, we have not gone one day without talking or texting each other.

April 4, 2008: First Date -Gruene Hall-Gary P. Nunn
I was sooooo nervous but then when I saw him and how nervous he was...it made me feel better. He came and picked me up at my house and we headed to the Gristmill for supper and then Gruene Hall to listen to Gary P. Nunn. It was so much fun. The whole ride there I laughed to myself because he was continuously tapping the steering wheel because he was so nervous. He was such a gentleman and he bought me beer and food...which I accidentally left in his car and it stunk up his car that next day. Oops! After we ate, we walked around Gruene and went to a few shops, where he decided to buy a $12 cassette tape of Jerry Jeff Walker...although he stresses it is out of print and you cannot buy it anymore. I made fun of him for buying that tape the whole time and still do to this day because the cashier did not even know they sold those and $12 is ridiculous for a cassette tape. I guess it was also my way of flirting. After Gary P. Nunn, we started heading back home. Once we got to my house, it was pretty late and I told him he could stay at my house because my mom made a pallet for him but he insisted in driving to Victoria to stay with a friend. He walked me to my door and we hugged and he says he was going for a kiss on the cheek but that I turned my head and we kissed on the lips. Then we hugged again and we kissed again. That was it and we decided that I would come up there to Corpus the next weekend and go to the Aquarium.

April 20, 2008: Sunday in Shiner
Thomas had to go to Bonham to see family and I had to stay in Shiner for the Chumchal Reunion. That Sunday Thomas stopped by Shiner on his way back to Corpus and when he was about to leave I walked him to his car to kiss him goodbye and he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. I was so happy and changed my status on facebook and myspace right away. :)

June 14, 2008: Frio River
Thomas came to the Frio Friday and I really thought Friday when we were walking to our cabin he was going to say he loved me but he instead said that he was smitten with me...he was feeling the alcohol :) Saturday while we were laying in my parents' bed we were talking and then he said he had to tell me something and I asked him "What?" He began to breathe heavily and said he LOVED me. I told him I loved him back and my heart raced and I was so happy we finally got it out. He said he was nervous that I wasn't going to say it back but I was so glad he did because there were so many times I almost did but I always told myself that I wanted him to say it first. It was such a great day and now we cannot stop saying it to each other.

These are just some of the more important events that have happened lately. I wanted to remember these dates and catch up on that so now I can add the more current stuff. I am so happy I have met Thomas. He is such a great man and I love him so much. If it wasn't for Jenny, Nick, and Ryan (at Nick's Bachelor Party Ryan kept calling me and telling me he found a good one for me...it was Thomas) I wouldn't be as happy as I am today. I know he is the one for me. It is so weird because I really hated when people kept telling me that once you stop looking for love it will come because the morning of Jenny's wedding I decided that I was going to just have fun and let it all go...and BAM!...there was Thomas. We are so happy together and I am so glad we get to see each other more now that he is in Austin. It is so nice to date someone that loves me no matter what and treats me like a princess. He is so ambitious and always wants better for himself and me...and he has such a great personality and has a way to make me always smile and laugh.

2 comments:

Jenny Popp said...

Yes, thanks to me! Thomas is a great guy and it's exciting to think about the future you both have together. I'm glad you are finally happy and being treated right!


Oh! Nick and I watched the video the other night and I pointed that out to Nick that you kept looking over at Thomas. It was the first time I had noticed that. Thanks for paying attention to OUR WEDDING!!

Jamie C said...

Awww Jill! That is great! I'm so glad you've started a blog and it made me so happy to read about you and Thomas.

And the teaching incident with the kid in your class -- that's what makes you a special teacher. Never lose that and make every day another day to change a young person.